2 Ways That The Monitor Does Not Turn Off Automatically When Not Used – Both desktop and laptop computers, Windows sets the system so that the monitor automatically shuts down after a few minutes/hours of disuse. This is nothing but for the sake of conserving the Power of the device and extending its life.
However, some activities require the monitor to remain on even if you are not using it. For example, monitoring the installation process, viewing the HDD defrag process, or monitoring computer temperature.
Whatever the goal is, a screen that turns off suddenly is undoubtedly not ideal.
So, how do you keep the monitor from turning off when you leave it on?
# 1 Prevents the monitor from turning off via Windows Settings (Windows 10)
1. Go to the Start Menu then click Windows Settings (gear icon).
2. Select System Options.
3. On the left bar, select Power & sleep.
4. Set the Screen and Sleep fields to Never.
Sleep means putting the computer to sleep, but while keeping the program open, while if the monitor is dead, the program will continue running as usual without being interrupted.
# 2 Prevents the monitor from turning off via Control Panel (Windows 7)
1. Enter the Start Menu then search for Control Panel. Then run the program.
2. Select Hardware and Sound.
3. Click on Change when the computer sleeps.
4. Make sure the following two options are set to Never. Finally, click Save changes.
For the record, each power plan has its configuration, and therefore you might need to check other power modes.