How to Maintain and Clean a Laptop Keyboard – A keyboard is an essential tool on a laptop. So, laptop keyboards must be cared for and cleaned correctly. Although at this time, we do not use a physical keyboard, as in tablet PCs, the role of the manual on a laptop cannot be abandoned.
The keyboard on a laptop is not the same as a PC in general. If not appropriately treated, laptop keyboards often become dirty and even damaged. What happens if one of your laptop’s keyboard keys doesn’t work correctly? Guaranteed, you will not be comfortable using a computer.
Therefore, instead of spending money to repair or even replace a new laptop keyboard, you should see this article “Tips on Caring & Cleaning Laptop Keyboards.” So that your laptop keyboard is durable.
Below is how to care for and clean a laptop keyboard properly:
- Before cleaning your laptop keyboard, turn off the laptop power. Disconnect the charger and remove the USB cables that are still plugged into the laptop to be cleaned.
- Tilt your laptop forward For simple cleaning, tilt your laptop forward. Gently blow on the keyboard so that dust and dirt particles that stick to it can be wasted.
- Use a thin but durable tool like the tip of a teaspoon, and wrap with a slightly damp cloth to clean the edge (boundary) of the keyboard with a monitor.
- To prevent dust from sticking back, use a keyboard protector made of rubber. This protector can prevent dirt or dust from entering between the keyboard keys, even so, that liquid does not enter your laptop.
- Do not put drinks or food near the laptop, what if your computer is exposed to water spills? This is very dangerous because it can cause a short circuit on your computer.
- Reduce the habit of playing games on a laptop, when you play sports, only a few buttons are pressed, this can cause a damaged keyboard—moreover, the type of racing game. Type of racing pressed the gas button during racing ends. Surely the button is pressed very long. I recommend using a joystick, and this can prevent damage to your laptop keyboard.